“We did our homework in good time, so we are well prepared for the critical business environment that awaits us in 2009.” Bolstered by yet another record turnover, Dr. Stephan Kufferath, Managing Director of GKD – Gebr. Kufferath AG, is confident of continued positive development for the company. 2008 was the most successful operative year in the history of the internationally renowned technical weaver, which is headquartered in Dueren, Germany. Group sales of this owner-managed innovation generator rose by 28 percent to 106 million Euros (previous year: 83 million Euros). This was the sixth time in a row that the company, with its seven subsidiaries and agencies all over the world, had achieved a record-breaking result. But 2008 stands out as the business year in which GKD first succeeded in crossing the 100-million-Euro sales threshold. Exports accounted for 82 percent (86 million Euros) of Group sales, the remaining 18 percent of the total turnover being achieved on the domestic market. This equates to a 5.2 percent increase in the domestic turnover of the Dueren works. All divisions and business units recorded dynamic development and growth. As of 31.12.2008 the staff of the GKD Group totalled 690 employees. With its 412 employees – including 33 trainees – the parent company is the Group’s largest employer. Group-wide investments to the tune of 5.4 million Euros and a clear commitment to Germany as a production location underline the strategy of competitive advantage through a high rate of innovation and leading technological quality.